6 Form PACE WORK 28.04.20


6 Form PACE WORK 28.04.20
Тема: Вживання допоміжних дієслів


What is a verb?
What kind of verbs do you know?
Do you know any auxiliary verb?
Auxiliary Verbs are the verbs be, do, have, will when they are followed by another verb (the full verb) in order to form a question, a negative sentence, a compound tense or the passive.
The verb "be"
The verb be can be used as an auxiliary and a full verb. As an auxiliary we use this verb for compound tenses and the passive voice. Note that be is an irregular verb:
Simple Present:
I am, he/she/it is, we/you/they are
Simple Past:
I/he/she/it was, we/you/they were
Past Participle: been
The verb "have"
The verb have, too, can be used both as an auxiliary and as a full verb. As an auxiliary we use this verb to form compound tenses in active and passive voice. (Use the past participle of the full verb.)
Compound Tenses - Active Voice
Present Perfect Simple:
He has played football.
Past Perfect Simple:
He had played football.
Present Perfect Progressive:
He has been playing football.
Past Perfect Progressive:
He had been playing football.
The verb "will"
The verb will can only be used as an auxiliary. We use it to form the future tenses.
The auxiliary verb "will"
Future I:
He will not play football.
Future II:
He will have played football.
The verb will remains the same for all forms (no "s" for 3rd person singular). The short form for negative sentences is won't.'
Examples:
I will, he will
I will not = I won't
The verb "do"
The verb do can be both an auxiliary and a full verb. As an auxiliary we use do in negative sentences and questions for most verbs (except not for be, will, have got and modal verbs) in Simple Present and Simple Past. (Use the infinitive of the full verb.)
The auxiliary "do" in negative sentences
Simple Present:
He does not play football.
Simple Past:
He did not play football.
The auxiliary "do" in questions
Simple Present:
Does he play football?
Simple Past:
Did he play football?
The verb do is irregular:
Simple Present:
I/we/you/they do, he/she/it does
Simple Past:
I/he/she/it/we/you/they did

Is the bold verb an auxiliary or a full verb?
am hungry. 
They will help you. 
We do not know his address. 
My friend Amy does a lot of sports. 
How much is it? 
am reading an interesting book at the moment. 
Will you be there? 
She has never been to London
Does he speak English? 
They have a cat and a dog.

Complete each sentence with the correct auxiliary verb.
What…  you done?
I … not like this song.
… she know that you are here?
The lesson … not started yet.
 …you drink milk?
Who…  eaten my biscuits?
It … not matter.
They … not want to play outside.
We … not seen you for a long time.
My friend … sent me some photos.

Complete each sentence with the correct auxiliary verb.
The train … just arrived.
… you understand?
They … been learning English for two years.
… you heard that?
My uncle … not eat fish.
I … not live here.
… anybody rung up for me?
She … not play the piano.
How … we get there?
Where … he live?

Коментарі